If you want youthful, glowing skin that ages gracefully with you, here are some key tips to follow so that you can glow from the inside out.
Your skin is your largest organ, making up 16 percent of your entire body. It provides an essential barrier between the outside world and the intensely regulated internal systems in the body. The integrity and functionality of these three layers - like all other organs in the body - depends on internal and external stressors and nutrient availability.
Based on this, here are the diet, lifestyle and skincare tips to follow for glowing skin.
If you consume healthy, organic, whole foods, you are intaking polyunsaturated and monounsaturated fats, antioxidants, polyphenols, prebiotics, probiotics, collagen, amino acids and many more key nutrients that will hydrate, replenish, reduce inflammation and heal blemishes and imperfections, resulting in healthy, glowing, youthful skin.
These are the top foods for skin health:
- Salmon - is rich in omega 3 fatty acids and amino acids to create collagen
- Bone Broth - great source of the key amino acids to increase collagen production
- Berries - are fiber-rich, which helps to promote gut health and rid the body of toxins, to reduce inflammation
- Garlic - is an antibacterial, antifungal, prebiotic food, which has been shown to minimize breakouts and clear the skin up
- Dark Leafy Green Vegetables like Kale and Spinach - these foods are full of antioxidants which fight oxidative stress in the skin, which causes aging skin.
External stressors may include sun damage, the use of low quality products, exposure to pollutants and chemicals, irritants, weather and humidity, amongst others.
To get glowing skin, it’s important that you minimize your exposure to these external stressors, here are some tips for you:
- Avoid being in direct sun for long
- Always wear SPF
- Avoid being in areas with high levels of air pollution
- Only use the highest quality skin products
- Avoid being outside on extremely hot or humid days
- Check all your home cleaning products for chemicals, keeping only natural products
What you put on your skin is just as important as what you put in your body. If you use low quality, chemical-filled products, you are damaging your skin and accelerating aging. When you use high quality skincare products like Christian Laurent, you are giving your body the ingredients it needs to heal and rejuvenate naturally.
Our Infusion Intensely Moisturising Cream for 35+ Skin prevents wrinkles before they can form deeply in the skin. When this is used daily, in combination with some of our other products, like the Luxury Micellar Water With Molecular Gold Face & Eyes Makeup Remover - your skin will thank you.
Christian Laurent uses cutting-edge French technology to bring the most effective and luxury skincare to transform your skin from the outside in.
The secret to glowing skin is three fold: you need to eat a healthy, nutrient-dense diet and avoid junk food, limit your exposure to external stressors and only use high quality Christian Laurent skincare. When you do this, after a while, your skin will utterly transform, glowing and radiant.